Is laser teeth whitening safe? The answer is yes, laser teeth whitening does no harm to the teeth and is generally safe for everyone. As a matter of fact, the treatment is also an applicable solution for people with sensitivity. What makes it so secure is that the procedure is non-invasive and does not typically cause any discomfort. You can use a professional teeth whitening kit at home but the results compared to the clinic treatment are different.
What You Need To Know
We have all considered professional whitening treatments at some point in our lives. You’re also not the only person who has checked out teeth whitening kits in different shops. But you’re probably worried about the disadvantages of the treatment and how it will affect your oral health. Fret not because, in this article, we are going to discuss everything you need to know before you visit your dentist.
What Is Laser Teeth Whitening
During the early years, people commonly soaked their teeth in hydrogen peroxide several times to achieve a whiter shade of teeth. Fortunately, thanks to the advancements in dentistry, Laser Teeth Whitening was born.
The procedure is typically safe, effective, and convenient even for busy people. It’s significantly fast and reliable at the same time, you will definitely see instant results in one session only. But how does laser whitening work?
The Whole Process
When you get to the dental office, the first thing that the dentist will do is check if your teeth are fit for the procedure. In order to avoid complications, your teeth’ enamel must be healthy and at the right thickness. If the enamel is too thin, you will be asked to resolve this dental issue first before undergoing any whitening procedures.
However, if the teeth’ enamel is healthy and there are no present dental problems, you will be given a go signal to get Laser Teeth Whitening. Here’s the step by step procedure in safe teeth whitening:
- Professional teeth cleaning. The dentist will clean your teeth by removing the debris and particles in between the teeth. Our Dental Care in Drummoyne explains that this procedure is done for two possible reasons, first, so that your dentist can see if there are serious dental issues that need to be addressed. The second reason is to achieve optimal results as debris, tartar, and plaque could interfere with the whitening treatment.
- After the cleaning, you will be given protective eyewear to shield your eyes from the harmful effects of the laser light and the peroxide gel.
- Next, your gums will also be given protection to keep them safe, a rubber material will be placed into your gums with the help of a dental assistant.
- After placing all the protective gears in their right places, the peroxide gel will be applied to each one of your teeth. Peroxide gel is the common bleach that dentists use in teeth whitening procedures.
- A laser will then be used to make the process quicker. The laser light works by activating the ingredients in the peroxide gel to help serve its purpose.
- There will be a few pauses in between the treatment to apply new layers of gel to the teeth.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
White teeth will encourage you to smile more. If you used to shy away from enjoyable conversations due to the color of your teeth, this time, you will be ecstatic to talk confidently. The whiteness of your teeth will enable you to reveal the jolly and fun side of you without feeling embarrassed at all.
It is effective
Whitening toothpaste and teeth-whitening kits can only remove the stain on the surface of the teeth. Moreover, their results will depend on the severity of the stains on your teeth. But with laser teeth whitening, you will immediately see visible results with just one treatment. This treatment work on the deeper layer of the teeth and penetrates areas that whitening products can’t reach.
The results are fast and long lasting
We all want instant results whenever we undergo any kind of treatment. Lucky for you, teeth whitening procedures done in dental clinics show immediate results for you to enjoy. There is no downtime and you can immediately go back to your day-to-day life after the procedure.
You will get your money’s worth because the results last for a long period of time given that you took care of your teeth properly. Make sure that your teeth stay white and stain-free by strictly adhering to your oral care regimen daily.
It’s not harmful
Unlike other solutions to improve teeth appearance, laser treatment is definitely less invasive and less harmful in nature. If you’re going to compare it with veneers, this is a safer and effective way to get better-looking teeth without causing any harm to the teeth.
While Laser Teeth Whitening procedures are generally safe, they could still pose several drawbacks. If you’re worried about the negative factors associated with Laser whitening, we listed them down below for your reference. You can also visit this site for more options on a smile makeover.
- They are much more expensive than over-the-counter kits. Professional whitening requires quite a number of fees like professional fees, miscellaneous, and clinic charges.
- It needs follow-up sessions. If you wish to sustain the amazing results of your initial treatment, you’ll have to re-visit your dentist on schedule for follow-up treatments.
- Tooth sensitivity might occur. This happens to patients with weak enamel.
- Laser whitening services offered in Mall kiosks are not often done by a professional. Be wary of the dangers of it.